Mar 25, 2017

Inspired by My Children: My Journey in World Taekwondo

Finding Inspiration

Gaynor Robertson with her Family and Grand Master Wahid Halimee

My children and other mothers inspired me to start training. I began World Taekwondo after two of my children were already training. Watching them train, noticing the values taught, and acknowledging the many health benefits prompted me to join in. As a former gymnast, I was excited to train in a sport where I could be barefoot again, and it was wonderful to share this experience with my children.

Coping with Stress

My training has helped me through some stressful times. It’s wonderful to walk through the door for training and leave all my problems behind for a while. The support from other World Taekwondo members has been incredibly beneficial during these times.

Health Benefits

The many health benefits of training—including fitness, flexibility, strength, balance, concentration, and focus—have significantly improved my overall health. Many people comment that I look younger, and I find that after training, I am simply happier.

Passion for Patterns

My favorite part of training is the patterns. I love the flow and movement combined with the skills required to perform them. Patterns provide a great way for me to focus and lose myself in the movements. I also cherish the community and culture of the club, where everyone is supportive, friendly, and encouraging.

Stronger Bonds

I love that I get to train with my son, Blake. Sharing this common interest has strengthened our bond and relationship.

Achieving My Black Belt

Obtaining my Black Belt is important to me as it acknowledges my hard work and commitment. It is a respected achievement in the wider community, and from my very first day of training, I decided that this was a goal I would strive for.

Gaynor Robertson - March 25, 2017
For more information please contact info@worldtaekwondo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Tae...