Oct 4, 2017

From Fitness to 4th Dan

Starting My Taekwondo Journey

Margaret Rogers receiving dan promotion

When I commenced World Taekwondo in 1990, I had no ambition or aspirations to become a Black Belt. I joined primarily for fitness but soon developed a passion for training and made every effort to attend as many sessions as possible.

Building Confidence

Even after achieving my Black Belt, I didn't believe I would ever have the confidence to teach a class, although I loved helping with the juniors. Over the years, I gained the skills to instruct and run centers in the Adelaide Hills.

A Proud Achievement

My journey to 4th Dan has been both exciting and measured. I am very proud of my promotion to 4th Dan, yet I am truly humbled by it. I know that without the guidance of Grand Master Wahid and Master Carol, both exceptional role models, this achievement would not have been possible. Instructor Patrick has also had a significant influence on my journey.

Enriching Experiences

Margaret Rogers in Korea at the Kukkiwon

World Taekwondo has enriched my life in many ways. I have had the opportunity to travel to South Korea on five occasions to train and have shared many varied and memorable experiences. Meeting interesting, diverse, and good-hearted people has been a highlight of my journey.

Life Lessons

I appreciate what our training offers: it trains the mind, body, and spirit. I love the tenets of World Taekwondo and believe they provide a solid grounding for life in general. I will wear my new rank with pride and look forward to the next chapter in my Taekwondo journey.

Margaret Rogers - October 4, 2017
For more information please contact info@worldtaekwondo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Tae...