Jul 20, 2019

I Feel Empowered Through World Taekwondo

Finding My Path

Rita Zaikos participating in World Taekwondo Training.

My name is Rita Zaikos, and I began my World Taekwondo journey in 2011. I have always had an interest in martial arts, having practiced Aikido in my early twenties before moving interstate. Fast forward 20 years and three children later, I enrolled all my children in World Taekwondo, believing it to be a wonderful sport for their mind, body, and spirit.

The Beginning of My Journey

World Taekwondo stood out among other schools for its innovativeness, passion, energy, enthusiasm, and quality of teaching. One day, Grand Master Wahid suggested I join World Taekwondo. At that moment, I realized that as a mum, I had become so focused on my family that I had forgotten about myself. This marked the beginning of my journey in World Taekwondo, stepping out of my comfort zone and into the challenging zone.

A Journey of Self-Discovery

I truly believe that this was the best decision I made for myself. World Taekwondo challenges both body and mind, strengthening them uniquely through training and self-discipline. It's like taking a journey of self-discovery, continuously fine-tuning oneself.

Physical and Mental Growth

Training has helped me immensely in my life. Physically, I have become fitter, stronger, and more flexible. Mentally, it has strengthened my ability to push past limitations, helping me stay focused and positive, no matter what life throws my way.

Active Meditation

World Taekwondo is a fantastic avenue to escape into another world, leaving my problems behind and focusing 100% on training. It feels like an active meditation, and I always feel fantastic after each session.

Favorite Aspects of Training

My favorite parts of training are sparring and self-defense techniques. I enjoy applying what we've learned in real situations and learning to read my opponent to gain the advantage in self-defense. I also love giving back to the club by volunteering at gradings and assisting with the kids; it’s a great feeling!

Achieving Black Belt

For me, achieving Black Belt is a recognition of self-belief. It inspires me to persevere and remain determined through self-doubt. The Black Belt acknowledges a long journey of mental, physical, and spiritual growth, emphasizing the importance of self-discipline and focus. It also reflects my hard work and dedication to inspire confidence in myself.

Gratitude

I credit Grand Master Wahid, Master Carol, and all the instructors and fellow students who have supported me in my quest to achieve Black Belt.

Rita Zaikos - July 20, 2019
For more information please contact info@worldtaekwondo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Tae...