Sep 28, 2024

Finding My ME Time: The Joy of World Taekwondo Training

World Taekwondo is My ME Time

Gita Du Plessis showing her Kukkiwon Certificate 1st Dan

The hour I practise World Taekwondo is mine. I do not have to think about anything or anyone outside. I can concentrate on technique, form, and function. I listen, I learn, and I assist.

Challenges of Family Life

Being part of a farming family in 2024 can be challenging at times—financially and emotionally draining. Having three young children adds to the challenges, as does dealing with extended family. My husband was my inspiration to try World Taekwondo, and all three of my children have started World Taekwondo as well, making it a family affair.

More Than Just Fitness

Through World Taekwondo, I have gained so much more than fitness, resilience, and discipline; I have formed friendships that will last a lifetime. Some are young people, some are my age, and some are older.

Learning New Skills

Here in my mid-forties, I have learned to do roundhouse kicks, jump kicks, spinning crescent kicks, and so many more techniques. Who would have thought?! It is never too late. I hope that I can be an inspiration for someone someday!

Gita Du Plessis - September 28, 2024
For more information please contact info@worldtaekwondo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Tae...