Oct 2, 2024

Why Every Baby Boomer Should Consider World Taekwondo for a Healthier Life

Transforming My Life at 61: The Benefits of World Taekwondo

mark-penley-posing-in-his-world taekwondo-uniform

For many years, I was overwhelmed by my commitment to my work career and failed to keep a balance with my personal life. I reached a point where my body was overweight, and I had horrible back and hip pain for a long time. I was not in the best shape of mind.

Joining World Taekwondo

At the age of 61, I joined World Taekwondo with the aim to improve my physical fitness. This had an amazingly positive impact on my physical and mental health, and I am very grateful for the opportunity.

Supportive Training Environment

Training focuses on self-defence movements while including physical stretching and aerobics. Initially, I was nervous that my age and body would not keep up, but the patience and support of the Grand Master and his assistant instructors made me feel comfortable and excited to train. They help each of us individually to achieve the best possible training. The Grand Master has created a wonderful culture of care among everyone, including males and females from a wide age range, some even older than myself and with restricted physical conditions.

Improving My Health

Now, two years later, my physical condition has improved so much that I no longer have back and hip pain. I am confident that this training will keep my wellbeing in good shape as I grow older.

Precision and Coordination

The precision of movements taught by the Grand Master is impressive and cleverly applied. We initially learn the basics, but as time goes on, he teaches us how to improve every movement. This strategic method increases our precision and capability, providing ongoing interest to keep training. The coordination between my mind and body movements has greatly improved my long-term mental health, including the friendships I've formed with other members.

Understanding Self-Defence

Self-defence training is fundamentally about learning how to move and react to keep yourself safe. It is not about attacking others to hurt them. While training includes forceful movements, the principle is to minimize the opponent’s ability to hurt you and allow you to walk away safely. Unfortunately, some people think martial arts is focused on attacking others and are concerned about being hurt during training. However, World Taekwondo provides a very safe training environment where damaging physical contact is not allowed, thanks to the unique methods of the Grand Master.

Hapkido: An Excellent Supplement

Hapkido is another interesting style of self-defence taught by the Grand Master as an associated class with World Taekwondo. I recommend it because it supplements your skills and wellbeing with a different range of circular, smooth movements, utilizing the opponent’s weight and momentum.

Discipline and Family Involvement

Discipline and respect for all are part of our training, which positively influences our external relationships. It's encouraging to see many parents train with their children, fostering love and interaction within their families. The children develop self-defence skills and flexibility, benefiting them for life. I wish I had started training as a child and continued throughout my life.

Continuous Growth and Motivation

The growth of training level is managed by a step increase in belt status, which I find encourages learning and motivation. The Grand Master is an 8th Dan Black Belt, uniquely skilled and philosophical, explaining why World Taekwondo is so amazing. There is always more to learn and develop from his teachings, providing continuous encouragement for the future.

Join World Taekwondo

I strongly recommend people of all ages and wellness levels to join World Taekwondo to improve their lives.

Mark Penley - October 2, 2024
For more information please contact info@worldtaekwondo.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo

Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Taekwondo Igniting My Inner Fire Through World Tae...